The daily pressures of life can zap your glow. We have all experienced puffy eyes, dark circles, and the sudden appearance of fine lines! It’s called STRESS AGING! Daily stressors of a demanding job, lack of sleep, and an unhealthy lifestyle can manifest as pimples, wrinkles, and pallid patches which can add years to your skin.Stress slows down digestion which creates a shift in bacteria that can compromise the integrity of your gut lining. This can cause inflammation throughout your body and lead to acne flare-ups as well as premature aging. Furthermore, the stress hormone, cortisol, is famous for breaking down collagen. Environmental aggressors can also make your skin “act out.” Pollutants cause the formation of free radicals which damage DNA, resulting in skin aging. Irritants like dust mites and airborne allergies activate enzymes that break down collagen to worsen wrinkles.
WHAT TYPE OF STRESS IS YOUR SKIN REACTING TO?
- Mental Stress
- Environmental Stress (sun exposure)
- Physical Stress (injuries, poor diet, etc.)
HOW TO MAINTAIN A CALM, CLEAN COMPLEXION
- Use skin care products that include Ceramides, Antioxidants, (Vitamin C), Peptides, Collagen, Retinol, and others.
- Stress quickly dehydrates the skin, so it is important to stay hydrated both internally and externally. Drink plenty of water as well as herbal tea and water-rich foods. This will keep your skin cells hydrated from within. You should also be hydrating topically with serums and moisturizing creams.
- Improve the quality of your sleep.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine in the evening.
- Reduce blue light exposure.
- Improve your diet. Sugar is a culprit.
- Protect Your skin. Wear sunscreen every day.
- Get active. Stress will make your skin look dull. Exercise is the answer. Each time you get your heart rate up your skin receives a greater amount of oxygen and nutrients. This gives it an immediate glow while allowing your skin cells to function more efficiently.
HOW A FACIAL CAN HELP DE-STRESS YOUR SKIN
Facial massages are usually key components to a professional facial. The benefits of a facial massage include:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increase circulation to the skin, resulting in a healthy glow.
- Help to relieve sinus pressure which minimizes puffiness under the eyes.
- Rejuvenate the skin cells, encouraging them to function better.
- Help to treat scar tissue.
Give your skin some consistency. If you are one that does not follow a regular skincare routine, now is the time to make some changes It is never too late. Your skin will thrive when given a daily, consistent routine. All of the ingredients in the products will build up in your skin cells allowing them to bring about noticeable changes. Kiki Skin Care Products include key ingredients to achieve calm, glowing skin. The serums, masks, and moisturizers address all skin concerns for all ages.
The services at Kiki Skin and Body Spa will give you details of each treatment, and you may call or email to consult with an aesthetician to determine which is best to address your skin’s needs.
It is important to do everything you can to keep both yourself and your skin DE-STRESSED and HAPPY!